Release of Information
Compliant, Flexible Solutions for Fulfilling Medical
Release of information is a complex, costly and time-consuming process consisting of over 32 distinct steps. HealthPort offers the staff, technology, equipment, and supplies needed to process, fulfill and track requests for medical records. Our release of information technology is the most advanced, compliant and cost-effective in the industry. For more than 30 years, we have been the recognized leader in ensuring the compliant exchange of protected health information (PHI) for hospitals, health systems, physician practices, and clinics through our release of information services.
HealthPort knows that your health information management needs change over time, especially as many medical providers migrate to an electronic health record. That’s why we offer the following flexible release of information (ROI) service delivery options:
- Full Service: When you outsource the entire release of information function to HealthPort, you know you are partnering with a company that provides qualified HIPAA-certified staff with state-of-the-art healthcare technology. With HealthPort ROI, you’ll realize increased productivity and effectiveness while refocusing your staff to revenue producing activities.
- ROI Partner: Our HealthPort ROI Partner model, allows you to use your own in-house staff to fulfill medical record requests using HealthPort Release of Information technology and provides a revenue-sharing opportunity.
- Remote ROI: Facility provides secure, remote access to EHR and entire release of information process is handled from the HealthPort centralized processing center in Alpharetta, GA. This option reduces provider intrusion and further speeds turnaround times.
- Release of Information for the Business Office: Allow your team to focus on claims management while HealthPort’s staff fulfills requests in a compliant, timely manner. With HealthPort Release of Information for the Business Office. you’ll save time, resources and money.
By managing and tracking your medical record requests with HealthPort’s advanced and secure solutions, you’re ensuring:
- HIPAA Compliance: Our in-house legal and compliance team ensures our associates remain up-to-date on the latest regulations and how they affect our customers. Our Release of information services are delivered by HealthPort’s HIPAA trained and certified staff who facilitate our HIPAA-compliant, 32-step process. We continually monitor the industry and respond to new changes including Meaningful Use and audits.
- Superior Service: We are a national company, that provides local, personal service through 250+ management personnel and 3000+ qualified staff members. As your request volumes fluctuate, we have scalable solutions that can meet your needs. Our solutions are compatible with paper, hybrid or electronic health record (EHR) environments and can seamlessly integrate with your EHR to reduce turnaround times.
- Advanced Technology: HealthPort’s state-of-the-art, secure technology automates processes to increase efficiency and productivity to accommodate the growing needs of our customers. Our technology undergoes extensive security testing to ensure our systems are resistant evolving regulatory requirements.
For more release of information resources, visit:
- Total Quality Managment (TQM): discover how HealthPort maintains a commitment to excellence in service which is monitored through our Total Quality Management (TQM) program.
- HealthPortConnect: learn how to accommodate your patients’ requests for delivery of their medical records electronically. HealthPortConnect is our eDelivery option that provides an increased level of HIPAA-compliant service.
- Best in Class Security Measures: HealthPort has gone above and beyond what’s required by the industry to meet technology security and compliance standards. Third-party security audits and measures include SAS 70 Certification, Penetration Testing and PCI DSS compliance guidelines.
Release of Information Overview Video
Ready to get started? If you want to find out more about HealthPort’s Release of Information solutions, call one of our associates today at 800.737.2585.
for HealthPort Blogs