Compliance: A Focused Initiative for Today’s Healthcare Community
Compliance has taken on a larger role than ever before. In the past, compliance was largely focused on HIPAA. Now, it encompasses a variety of federal and state rules, regulations and legislation. We dedicate extensive resources to ensuring our compliance programs exceed industry standards.
HealthPort is focused on knowing the latest compliance trends, news and updates in the health information management industry, but also disseminating these various messages to the healthcare community, and incorporating them in our processes and technology. Our release of information services and advanced technology are designed to help you manage the onslaught of requests for protected health information from many types of requesters while ensuring the highest levels of security and reducing risk to your organization.
Since 1976, HealthPort’s stance on compliance has made us the largest provider and authority on the compliant exchange of protected health information (PHI). We confidently protect the security of patient medical records through compliance initiatives including:
- A 32-step release of information process exceeding HIPAA regulations
- Continual testing and adherence to third party security standards and internal audits of controls to ensure the privacy of information moving through our technology
- SAS 70 Type 1 certification
- Voluntary annual penetration testing, providing an in-depth and active analysis of our network and system security
- Ongoing staff training in HIPAA and audit compliance to ensure thorough understanding of our responsibility in ensuring our customers’ compliance
- Triage of request types to ensure timeliness of audit related and Meaningful Use requests
- In-house legal and compliance team
Compliance Resources and Education: We are committed to providing our partners and customers with the latest updates and news concerning compliance. For more information, visit:
for HealthPort Blogs